Can No Longer Import Inkyphat

I have recently been looking in to eInk and decided to begin with inkyphat. After playing around with inkyphat for 3 or so days, I decided to equip a different hat, but eventual came back to inkyphat later today. However when I try to import inkyphat while in python (in order to display text), instead of functioning properly as before, I receive this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/inkyphat/__init__.py", line 23, in <module>
_panel = inky212x104.Inky212.104(resolution=(HEIGHT, WIDTH), h_flip=False, v_flip=True)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/inkyphat/inky212x104.py", line 108, in __init__
       self._spi.open(0, self.cs_pin)

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file in directory

I have no idea what this means as I am fairly new to programming and raspberry pi in general. Any help is much appreciated.

It looks like the SPI interface on your Pi has been disabled, use the Raspberry Pi Configuration utility or “sudo raspi-config” to re-enable it.

Interfaces like SPI and I2C are exposed in the “/dev/” folder as files which the system can interact with, so if they’re disabled it throws that rather weird error.

1 Like

That worked instantly! Thanks for the help!

1 Like