Enviro Script error

Hi, bought the Eviro hat (not the Enviro+)
According to the instructions, the git scripts should work for both, but I’m throwing an error (See below)

Thoughts?

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "gas.py", line 20, in <module>
>     readings = gas.read_all()
>   File "build/bdist.linux-armv6l/egg/enviroplus/gas.py", line 79, in read_all
> 
>   File "build/bdist.linux-armv6l/egg/enviroplus/gas.py", line 50, in setup
> 
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ads1015-0.0.5-py2.7.egg/ads1015/__init__.py", line 167, in set_mode
>     self._ads1015.set('CONFIG', mode=value)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/i2cdevice-0.0.6-py2.7.egg/i2cdevice/__init__.py", line 215, in set
>     self.read_register(register)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/i2cdevice-0.0.6-py2.7.egg/i2cdevice/__init__.py", line 183, in read_register
>     self.values[register.name] = self._i2c_read(register.address, register.bit_width)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/i2cdevice-0.0.6-py2.7.egg/i2cdevice/__init__.py", line 283, in _i2c_read
>     for x in self._i2c.read_i2c_block_data(self._i2c_address, register, bit_width // self._bit_width):
> IOError: [Errno 121] Remote I/O error

“Some” of the python examples will run on both, just be advised that the Enviro+ has more sensors than the Enviro. If that python file is looking for a sensor that’s not there, you will get an error. The Enviro “doesn’t” have the Gas Sensor. ;)

Thanks for the reply!

I gathered that this was the case, but I’m unable to find an archived repo for the original Enviro

Does this exist anywhere? Be nice to just use libraries and examples developed for the board rather than a subsequent version

I couldn’t find one, just Enviro pHat one and the Enviro, Enviro+ one.
Other than no Gas sensor, I think the only other difference is the LCD display, color versus monochrome.