EnviropHAT Set up problem

I have setup envirophat with pi zero and full Jessie 4.4 and can’t load the software.
After running curl -sS get.pimoroni.com/envirophat | bash and accnolage with “y” I get the error:
"We can’t connect to the internet, check your network!"
I get this with LAN/USB network working or as well as with WLAN network working.
I can ping for ex. shop.pimoroni.com succesfull. Any idea?

Could you run the following and let me know the output: ip r

Hello, okay output is:

default via 216.34.187.1 dev eth0
default via 216.34.187.1 dev eth0 metric 202
216.34.187.0/24 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 216.34.187.43 metric 202

I hope this helps. Thanks and regards.

interesting. What about?

sudo ping -q -w 1 -c 1 216.34.187.1

… I’m uploading a script that allows to bypass our network check, but if you can help me figure it out then it will be beneficial for other users who experience similar issues (there is a at least one other case reported, so it’s not just you).

PING 216.34.187.1 ping statistics —
1 packets transmitted, 1 received, 0% packet loss, time 0ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.638/0.638/0.638/0.000 ms

could it be a problem of the public ip address range?

nothing weird in those outputs, leaving me to ponder if the parsing is failing to pass the correct ip. One last thing to try if you don’t mind:

sudo ping -q -w 1 -c 1 `ip r | grep default | cut -d ' ' -f 3`

that said, more to the point of resolving your issue, I have uploaded a script that allows bypassing the network check performed by the installer script:

curl -sS https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pimoroni/get/master/installers/envirophat | bash -s - "-y"

(sorry, it’s a bit of a mouthful, but you should be able to copy/paste it with no resulting errors)

No problem, here the first result.

pi@raspberrypizero:~ $ sudo ping -q -w 1 -c 1 ip r | grep default | cut -d ' ' -f 3
PING 216.34.187.1 (216.34.187.1) 56(124) bytes of data.

— 216.34.187.1 ping statistics —
1 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 0ms

installation with the script worked well.
Thank you for the help. Let me know how I can further help.

I think you missed the back quotes in the command, essentially passing the ip directly, with empty result (but not an error, which is what the script is looking for).

still I can’t see it making a difference to my current state of puzzlement over this one, it remains a bit of a mystery (for the time being).

I did modify the script further though, to avoid passing multiple IPs (or in your case a duplicate of a single one), so if you’d like you could try running the script again without bypassing the check and see if you still run into the issue:

curl -sS https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pimoroni/get/master/installers/envirophat | bash

(same url as before, but no argument passed)

… I’m not convinced it will make a difference, but perhaps I got lucky guessing what might be the possible cause for the failure ;-)

Okay I am not sure realy what happens. This script runs too. “All done!”

I just double checked the one from the instructions and it still fails.

pi@raspberrypizero:~ $ curl -sS get.pimoroni.com/envirophat | bash

Do you wish to continue? [y/N] y

Checking environment…
We can’t connect to the Internet, check your network!

Thanks… then that probably means that my wild guess was ‘inspired’. We’ll make the new script live soon, and hopefully no one will have to endure that dreadful bug again :)

… thanks for your help!

Great so we have a solution. Excelent and quick support.

Many thanks too.

1 Like