Flotilla “ShipShape” is edging closer to launch, so it’s time for anyone with time, patience and an adventurous spirit to dive onboard and try it out.
You can try it out by grabbing the flotilla-pre GitHub repository from here: https://github.com/pimoroni/flotilla-pre
Or, on your Pi:
git clone https://github.com/pimoroni/flotilla-pre
There are very, very, very, very experimental Windows/Mac installers available in this repository too, but we wont be properly supporting them or making an official Windows/Mac release until we’re happy with how things are shaping up on the Pi.
Flotilla “ShipShape” is a complete overhaul of the Flotilla Dock firmware, Flotilla Daemon and Flotilla Rockpool to:
- Make it faster
- Make it better
- Make it stronger
- More Than Ever Hour After
- Our Work Is Never Over
It contains numerous bug fixes, updates and improvements including a refined UX/UI for Rockpool and your comments, suggestions and cries of encouragement are welcome!
Update as of 2016-02-09
- Minor firmware tweak to Slider and Dial so they better hit their minimum and maximum values.
- Firmware version now “1.11” to reflect changes.
- Colour now reports raw values and does not attempt to mangle them
- Now has a version number, 1.1, which it reports to Clients
- Docks can be “subscribed” to on a per dock basis
- Daemon sends more information to Rockpool during discovery- including a canonical address to prevent duplication
- Now only emits values which have changed from modules
- Redesigned discovery screen now groups docks by server and warns if no docks are connected
- Preliminary support for multiple docks, but no multi dock support
- Bottom toolbar dropped for now, will come back in a point release when it all works!
I’ve updated the Python API to support ShipShape, along with a bunch of other fixes. You can find the ShipShape Python API here: https://github.com/pimoroni/flotilla-python/tree/shipshape