Font Size Scroll pHat HD

Hi, how do I use a smaller font size for the Scroll pHat HD?

scrollphathd.write_string("Hello World!", font=???)

That can be tricky, on my Unicorn Hat HD I added the following line to my python file, above the while true.
FONT = (’/usr/share/fonts/truetype/freefont/FreeSans.ttf’, 16)
I had to play around trying different fonts and point sizes to find something I liked, that fit on screen. The Unicorn Hat HD is 16 x 16.

thx for your help. i’ve tried below but no success:
scrollphathd.set_font(’/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/scrollphathd/fonts/font3x5.py’)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/scrollphathd/is31fl3731.py”, line 368, in write_string
string_width = self.calculate_string_width(string, font, letter_spacing, monospaced)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/scrollphathd/is31fl3731.py”, line 314, in calculate_string_width
width += self.calculate_char_width(char, font=font, monospaced=monospaced)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/scrollphathd/is31fl3731.py”, line 334, in calculate_char_width
if char in font.data:
AttributeError: ‘str’ object has no attribute ‘data’

fonts/font3x5.py’ doesn’t look right to me? The font won’t have a .py at the end.

Have a look at this, might help.
scroll-phat-hd/font-gallery.py at master · pimoroni/scroll-phat-hd (github.com)

Indeed strange. Just searched for fonts related to the Scroll pHat and found these files not knowing anything about their purposes or how to use.

For now I’ve solved the issue got get more characters on the LED by having removed the spacing between each digit and by using another symbol for minus (which requires four leds).