Grow HAT Mini/BME680 web interface

I just received the Grow HAT Mini, and it works quite well. I plan to install it together with a BME680 sensor in my greenhouse. It would be really nice if I could see all the values from a web interface. I found something about Cayenne in this thread. I think I should get it working with the Grow and BME680, but I wonder if there exists something like Cayenne which I can run on one of my own servers. Does somebody have an idea if that exists/is possible?

I know this discussion is a bit old now, but I am looking for the same solution. I tried to figure out how to connect the Grow sensors to the Cayenne interface and it didn’t work for me. Did you manage to do it in the end @placebo83 ? It would really help me monitor my automatic watering setup if I can do it from my phone rather than having to check in on the Grow HAT. Grow is clearly outputting the data and all I need is a convenient way to have this data be displayed in some easy web interface or just, like you, at home on my Pi server.

I got the Grow humidity sensors together with a BME680 working on Cayenne, but don’t know exactly how I got it working. I can find out the next couple of days. At the moment I’m trying to get the BME680 (and later the Grow sensors) working with www.home-assistant.io, which runs on a Raspberry Pi. I installed the MQTT service on it and that works. I tried my luck with this topic but it doesn’t work yet. If you just have the Grow you might want to try this one, maybe it works. Good luck and have fun tinkering (btw do you also have a BME680?)

For now I have this for you, it gives you the readings from the moisture sensors in Hz.

#!/usr/bin/python3
import cayenne.client
import time
import logging

#Cayenne authentication info. This should be obtained from the Cayenne Dashboard.
MQTT_USERNAME = “paste your own”
MQTT_PASSWORD = “paste your own”
MQTT_CLIENT_ID = “paste your own”

client = cayenne.client.CayenneMQTTClient()
client.begin(MQTT_USERNAME, MQTT_PASSWORD, MQTT_CLIENT_ID, loglevel=logging.INFO)
#For a secure connection use port 8883 when calling client.begin:
#client.begin(MQTT_USERNAME, MQTT_PASSWORD, MQTT_CLIENT_ID, port=8883, loglevel=logging.INFO)

from grow.moisture import Moisture

print(“”“moisture.py - Print out sensor reading in Hz
Press Ctrl+C to exit!
“””)

m1 = Moisture(1)
m2 = Moisture(2)
m3 = Moisture(3)

while True:
client.loop()
print(f"“”
1: {m1.moisture}
2: {m2.moisture}
3: {m3.moisture}
“”")

client.virtualWrite(1, m1.moisture)
client.virtualWrite(2, m2.moisture)
client.virtualWrite(3, m3.moisture)

time.sleep(1.0)

Let me know if you need some other info, although I really have almost no real knowledge in most of this stuff.