Hyperpixel not working with Raspberry Pi

I am tryin to setup a hyperpixel with a Raspberry Pi to be used with my 3d printer. The Pi boots up fine. I followed the directions on this page, but nothing seems to turn on the screen. I have tried it connected via the adapter that came with the box, and a longer ribbon cable that I planned to use in my application.

On the linked website it mentions using all of the GPIO pins, which I assumed were all of the ones that match up with the connectors on the 2 devices. Is there something else that should be attached as well?

Which version of Raspbian are you running? There are some fiddles you need (see the bottom of the product page) to get things running with Bullseye.

Also, do you have anything else attached (hardware) or installed (software), which may be conflicting?

I noticed the bottom of the page you were referring to. I just flashed a new image of Buster and set that one up. My process was to format the sd card and flash Buster. I hooked it up to the Pi and setup the OS. I then ran:

curl https://get.pimoroni.com/hyperpixel4 | bash

Instead of a straight reboot I shut it down, then inserted the hyperpixel, and turned it back on. Still has no power it seems. I also checked the config.txt file in the boot folder and the line is commented out like it was recommonded for the bullseye edition.

Any suggestions are welcome!

(sorry for the slow reply, was away for the weekend!)

Assuming you picked the right options during that install, it should work fine - you’re fine to have the HP plugged in when you run the install, but I don’t think it talks to the HP so it wouldn’t make any difference.

Which Pi are you using? If it’s a Zero, did you solder the headers yourself and are the solders looking good?

Beyond that, we might need to find someone who’s actually seen a Hyperpixel to go further :)

It is a Pi 4, so just plug and play with the pins and it should be working. I’m working with their tech support as well, so if I get it fixed I’ll be sure to put instructions on here in case anybody else has an issue.

Glad to hear it; yeah, with a Pi4 it should just be plug n play. Hope you (and they!) figure it out!