Icm20948 not importing

Got a ICM20948 for a prject to be used with a tufty2040 running pirate micropython. I have downloaded the micropython module made by jposada. However it is giving me an error of

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 3, in <module>
ImportError: no module named 'micropython_icm20948'

I know that importing external modules in micropython is a bit of a sketchy process but i was wondering if anyone knows any way around this. Circuit python isn’t really an option since it doesnt support tufty2040.

Have you copied the module onto the Tufty?

I have not. How do I go about doing that?

You should just be able to right click it in Thonny and choose ‘upload to /’

Do I upload the pip install package found in the appdata folder on my c drive?

I’ve no idea where pip might have installed stuff (one of the many reasons I hate (Micro)Python!)

The repo that you linked to above contains a directory called micropython_icm20948 - use Thonny to ‘upload to /’ on that directory, and your script should then be able to import it happily.

Just tried installing micropython_icm20948 with Thonny’s ‘Manage Packages’ and it installed it onto my Pico (in the lib directory).

You probably need to check you’ve got ‘MicroPython (Raspberry Pi Pico)’ and the correct COM port for your device selected at the bottom right of Thonny, otherwise I suspect it will install it locally on your computer?

(or as @ahnlak says, you could download the repo from Github and copy the micropython_icm20948 folder across without getting pip involved).

Ive copied the folder over but still getting the same error for some reason. Ill try doing via thonny and see if it installs directly in.