Keybow Mini - is this possible?

Hello

I’d like to preface this by saying this isn’t an “is this possible - and give me the code” type posts, as I genuinely want to learn it for myself.

I have the keybow Mini, downloaded the firmware to the SD card, attached it to a pi zero w and have the blinky/scrolling light pattern, so i believe its set up correctly.

What I would like to do is plug it into a pi4 via usb and have it trigger different things based on the button pressed.

First off, can I use it in this manner?

Secondly, can I program it somehow to trigger a script located on the pi4 when a button is pressed?

Finally, and this isn’t at all important, but would be nice, can I control the LEDs on the keybow independent of the script being run, to maybe indicate the status of something, IE red if not working, green if working?

Thanks in advance:)

Ian

I don’t have a Keybow, but I do have the RGB Keypad Base. Which is I believe and economy version of the Keybow.
I’m running Adafruits custom Circuit Python on it.
pimoroni/pmk-circuitpython (github.com)

Mine is plugged into my Windows PC as a USB HID device. It sends keyboard commands to my PC to launch Apps etc. I can set the button color independently. I haven’t tried to set the color via the Windows PC though?
I’m pretty sure what I can do on this, you can do on a Keybow. The Keybow can do more than I can with my Keypad base.

CircuitPython certainly looks promising, thanks very much!