Micropython / pico wireless pack - documentation?

Hi all

I’d like more info, but can’t find anything beyond the two MicroPython examples (both of which work fine) available at pimoroni-pico/micropython/examples at main · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico · GitHub
Doing
>>> import picowireless
>>> dir(picowireless)
shows that the module has a whole slew of functions, and can guess how to use a few of them, but even the calling signatures are undocumented.
Have any pico wireless pack users made much progress? I’d be interested to learn how - I feel sure there’s more info online than my searches have turned up so far.
Thanks in anticipation

FWIW, I am interested to make a wireless datalogger, and guess that I’ll be using Server-sent Events, but without the facilities offered by Flask, etc.

I’d also like a bit more information.

Can someone please point me in the direction of how to code your own web page so that I can use buttons and other objects?

I have been dipping into w3schools.com, which has a lot of free content which seems ok, perhaps give their HTML Tutorial a try.
HTML Forms might be the place to start.

Thank you. I will give it a try.

I’m making some progress, but only at glacial speed.
I’m now reasonably comfortable with the cheerlights and rgb_http examples but they both start a client socket with TCP_MODE, an integer constant whose value is 0.
I’d like to access an NTP server, which seems to require a UDP port (123).
Presumably I need something like
picowireless.client_start(addr, port, sock, UDP_MODE)
and I suppose UDP_MODE must be some integer other than 0. But what?

In the absence of documentation, coding by random trial and error is tedious.

The protocols are buried in one of the drivers (pimoroni-pico/esp32spi.hpp at main · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico · GitHub) - UDP_MODE will be 1 (it’s defined in the sv_protocol_mode enum about halfway down).

1 Like

Brilliant - I had started trawling through the C/C++ sources, but obviously didn’t persist long enough. That one file has the answers to quite a few of my questions.
Thanks Pete!