OnOff SHIM Not Rebooting - Raspberry Pi 3 B+

First post here! Hoping someone can shed some light on this…

I am in the process of building a Raspberry Pi for a Kiosk-type touchscreen setup. Because of this, I purchased the OnOff SHIM to easily power it on and off when needed without having to open our case for the Pi and Touchscreen.

Here is what I am currently running:

• Raspberry Pi 3 B+ (Production Date: 2017 on board)
  • Fresh install of Raspbian Stretch (11/13/2018 Build)
    ( I have also tried it with the GUI and light versions of Stretch and Jessie)
  • Using the OnOff SHIM solder to the risers that came with the kit, pictured below:

I have run the: “curl https://get.pimoroni.com/onoffshim | bash” on each of the fresh installs with no errors popping up. If I manually run “sudo /lib/systems/system-shutdown/gpiopoweroff poweroff” Then it will cleanly shut down the board with the verbose messages showing the correct pins 17 & 4”. However, a button press on the SHIM or with an attached button to the button pads results in nothing happening.

I have scoured this forum as well as a few YouTube videos for a fix, but have come up with nothing.

If anyone can assist with this I would greatly appreciate it. It is the only thing only holding back my project at the current time. Thanks again!

Also: I do not have 1-Wire enabled and all other values are set to the standard image from the Raspbian website.

You have to hold the button down for at least one second to do a shut down.
Just to clarify, it turns on OK, just won’t shut down with a button press?

Yes. It does power on just fine, just does not shut down.

I have tried it by holding the onboard button for 1 second and a secondary momentary button as well. I have also edited the .conf file to change the delay to 0.

Ok, just wanted to be sure what was and wasn’t working. Do you have a volt meter? If yes check the voltage on the GPIO pin 7 / BCM 4 to see if it goes low when you press the button. Other than that I don’t know what else to look at? I don’t have one to do my own tests.
If you think its defective go to the Shop page. Then click the contact us link at the bottom. I’d put a link to this thread in the contact e-mail. Then see what they say.

Gotcha. I will check that as soon as I get home tonight and report back what I’m seeing.

It is a really weird issue, and this is my first interaction with this board as well. It seems pretty straight forward for the hardware and software install.

Thanks again!

Sorry for the late reply!

Testing with a volt meter shows it constant at 3.3Volts. At this point I am stummped. I am going to send them a message for a replacement one. Thanks again.

If anyone else has any other ideas I am willing to try anything at this point to get this project moving along.

Sounds like a hardware fault to me. That has to go low for the software to work.
I think its a good move to send them a direct message via the “contact us” option.