Pi Zero Conference Badge Help

I’m looking to make the conference badge project with my Pi Zero as suggested in Mag Pi 40. Right now I’m looking at the Adafruit PiTFT 2.4" HAT Mini Kit - 320x240 TFT Touchscreen but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to solder it to the PiZero. Do I need to get different headers to do that?

I don’t see why not, anything that fits the B+ or A+ will fit the PiZero. The Adafruit stuff as far as I know does not come with the headers soldered on so you could sandwich it together quite easily. Make it as thin as possible.

So would I need extra tall headers to make the connection to the PiZero?

Are you aiming for it to be as thin as possible? If not then just the normal headers will do.

I am - cheers Richard, much appreciated!

If you don’t mind it to be permanent then to get it as thin as possible I would get some Male 1*40 2.54mm pin headers, solder in place in the normal way. The pins should poke throw and the display hat and should lay flat on the zero. Solder it in place and cut the spare of. A bit like the following, although in this example I have used a different hat.

1 Like

Great - that helps me visualise it. I’ve only got one soldering Pi project under my belt, so this helps loads.