Picade 10 inch Problems with Key mapping and JOYSTICK

Hello, I got my Picade 10 inch version with the new Picadehat for Raspberry pi4. After some issues with the screen installation, i didi it and the picade was ready for start. I solved the problem with the not starting screen by reading the instructions and i was able to start the driver by typing…curl -sS …
The result is…the Power button is working, it starts and shuts down, but the jossick is working, but I don’t know how to set up the other buttons… i.e. coin or select or start…I tried all instruction…I don’t have any idea left…it seems that the button mapping is not saved on the micro-sd card. I took a Raspberry pi 3b+, tried a new retropie image, i tried a prepared image with 128gb. The power button is still working… is there a chance to get it to work…I would travel around germany for any help! If I could read out a log file with error messages… I am sorry because of my English…

Hi,
A quick bit of background info…
The XHAT control board that the joystick and arcade buttons are wired to emulates a keyboard. Each movement of the joystick or press of an arcade buttons sends a key press to the Pi. For example, pushing the joystick up sends the up arrow key press.

The joystick movements and the arcade button presses are assigned to ‘functions’ in Emulation Station when you go through “Configure Input” wizard. What should happen in the wizard is that for each function, you move the joystick or press the appropriate arcade button, and that sets the assignment. For example for “D-pad up” you move the joystick up, and on the screen you should see “Key up” assigned to that function.

Be aware that there are more functions in Emulation Station than there are buttons on the Picade, so you can’t use all the functions. You don’t need to assign anything to the following functions: trigger, thumb, left analog, right analog. To skip a function, press an assigned button and keep it pressed in until “Not defined” shows.

You say in your message that the joystick works but the buttons don’t. The fact that the joystick works suggests that the Configure Input wizard is saving the assignments correctly. Are you assigning the A B X Y functions to the left four arcade buttons?

Thank you for your response. Yes I assigned the A,B, X and Y functions to the left four arcade Buttons. They seem to work. But I cannot assign the coin or the select Button. And the Hotkey isnt still working…

The Select button is the coin button in arcade games, so the button that you assign to the Select function should add a coin when you’re running an arcade game. You would normally use the front left button for this. The Start button starts a game, and this would normally be the front right button. The Hotkey button would normally be the button on the left side of the cabinet.

You say that you cannot assign the coin or the select button. Do you mean that when you press the button in the Configure Input wizard nothing happens, or do you mean that the assignment happens in the wizard, but then the button doesn’t work after that? Same question for the Hotkey button.