Picade 10 - Retropie 4.8 install - MAME key mapping issues

Hi Folks!

New user here, but not new to mame. I have built some small countertop tables before, and saw the PiCade - thought I would give it a shot. Have it all together, and I usually do my keyboard mapping in EmulationStation like this:

Y X LS
B A RS

with start and select. In the picade’s case, I also configure RT and LT.

With at least the snes version of street fighter 2 - all good.

When I go into mame - that is where things get interesting. I fire up SF2:CE and the controls aren’t right - no big deal, I have done this many times before - I just jump into mame and set up the generic controls and map buttons 1-6 correctly to the control panel.

Well - that doesn’t seem to actually take effect? And when I go into the game specific controls (which I really don’t want to do) - I can’t get that to map correctly either because it has duplicate bindings for P2.

Has anyone run into this and have an easy fix?

Thanks!

Matt

and not sure if it matters - but here is the key binding for this:

start key O
select key I
a - key z
b - key shift left
x - key left alt
y - key left ctrl
LS - key space
RS - key X
LT - key escape
LR - return

I am beating my head against the wall on this one… I am just not getting something - I did rewire the buttons so they are EXACTLY what MAME is expecting - and verified with showkey, and in the emulationstation keymapping.

Button 1 (Y) - Left Ctrl
Button 2 (X) - Left Alt
Button 3 (L) - Space
Button 4 (B) - Left Shift
Button 5 (A) - Z
Button 6 (R) - X

But for the life of me, I can’t get MAME to remap them correctly for SF2 to just simple buttons 1-6?

matt

I am not exactly sure why this worked, but it did - so I will post it here in case someone runs into the same issue. I noticed on the mame menu “input (this game)” that where normally I would see P1B1,2,3 there was P1B2,3,5 and instead of P1B4,5,6 there was P1B1,4,6

So - I sent into the “input (general)” and mapped

Button 2 → Button 1 on controller (Y)
Button 3 → Button 2 on controller (X)
Button 5 → Button 3 on controller (R)
Button 1 → Button 4 on controller (B)
Button 4 → Button 5 on controller (A)
Button 6 → Button 6 on controller (L)