Picade Player X on Retropie -> need to be replug to work

Hello,
I make a handheld game console with Player X inside as gamepad controler, on Raspberry PI 3 A+, using Retropie 4.7. Unfortunately, on each boot of Retropie, the Player X is not recognized? i have to replug the USB to work. In Retropie, i force the Player X on the first gamepad order. but no changement.
Any ideas ?
thank you.
cheers
PieBoy

I have the same issue, I ended up buying a usb A male to female connection which has a on/off switch so I could attach the switch on the side of my picade so I don’t need to always disconnext/reconnect the usb. I know this is an old post, but I would love to see if anyone found a solution?

Fixed the issue.

Anyone that has this issue, please redirect yourself to: Picade-Player-X-2019-04-29.bin · GitHub as you will need to install the latest firmware for your Player X.

First, ensure you put your Player X usb module in DFU mode by pressing the ‘X button’, which is on the actual device and then plug in the USB (the white LED light wont turn on at DFU mode). Then you will need to place the downloaded .bin firmware file locally (I placed it under /home/pi/Picade-Player-X-2023-05-10.bin

Then run the following commands in terminal

sudo apt install dfu-util
sudo dfu-util --device 0483:df11 --alt 0 --dfuse-address 0x08000000 --download Picade-Player-X-2023-05-10.bin

Issue fixed.

Hello Buccaneers, I 'm facing the same issue. I tried to apply the firmware update but it doesn’t work:
I identifiied the --device parameter with lsusb

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 16d0:0ec4 MCS Picade Player X USB`

I update the command ot with the ID values

sudo dfu-util --device 16d0:0ec4 --alt 0 --dfuse-address 0x08000000 --download Picade-Player-X-2023-05-10.bin`

I also run the command with the “origine” ID value 0483:df11 but it also didn’t, I allways have the same result, even if I push or not the button on the Player X during operation.

dfu-util: Warning: Invalid DFU suffix signature
dfu-util: A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release
dfu-util: No DFU capable USB device available

And if I unplug and replug the Player X, it works of course . But if I push the button on the Player X, the computer powers off. For information it’s a Raspberry Pi 5 with NVME Base.

Any suggestion?

OK, I’m an idiot. It works well in fact. I didn’t read correctly the process. I pushed the Player X button, kept it pushed, and plugged the Player X on the already running computer. The led stays off. I run the command as it’s written without changing the --device parameter.

sudo dfu-util --device 0483:df11 --alt 0 --dfuse-address 0x08000000 --download Picade-Player-X-2023-05-10.bin`

The good aspect is that now you know that it works on Pi 5 with NVME base. :)

See you.

PS, because of the device parameter set with 0483:df11 the lsusb command returns now

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0483:5740 STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port

Before the firmware update, the device parameter was 16d0:0ec4 and lsusb command returned

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 16d0:0ec4 MCS Picade Player X USB`

Is it possible to revert the device ID to 16d0:0ec4?