Pico Display 2 Help

The buttons all work and I can turn the backlight on/off, but I cannot write pixels to the screen it just stays blank, I am using a Piciw please help.

On the pictures is the program I am trying to run, because I’m a new user I cannot have more than one photo so I can’t show you my soldering.

It looks like you’re filling your screen with red and then trying to draw shapes on it with a red pen there - try switching to a different coloured pen before the display.character?

You also only need one display.update to update the screen once you’ve finished drawing objects to the buffer.

Examples here: pimoroni-pico/micropython/examples/pico_display at main · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico · GitHub

I understand but the intial red is not being drawn to screen. I cannot draw anything, only turn the backlight on. I have tried all of the Pimoroni examples (with DISPLAY_PICO_DISPLAY changed to DISPLAY_PICO_DISPLAY_2), and none of them draw to screen either.

Ah OK, in which case can you post a photo showing the soldering on the Pico’s header and how you’ve got it plugged in?

Might be worth double checking you’ve got the pack attached the right way round (the USB markings on the board should be at the same end as the Pico’s USB connector)?

Looks good to me - are you using the most recent pico-w flavoured pimoroni-pico MIcroPython image? Do you get any errors when you try and run the examples?

https://github.com/pimoroni/pimoroni-pico/releases/download/v1.19.6/pimoroni-picow-v1.19.6-micropython.uf2 I think so i am using this one. And no errors on running. I made a quick program that turns the backlight off when a button is pressed and wrote to screen, each button worked but notbing was written.

Sounds like you might have faulty hardware then :( If you email support@pimoroni.com with your order number and a link to this thread they should be able to sort you out with a replacement!

Ok thankyou for confirming

Have you tried the balls demo?
pimoroni-pico/balls_demo.py at main · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico (github.com)