Does the Pico Lipo 2 support powering off from software? Also does it support any alternative power on options?
I am looking to achieve a latching power configuration. A switch that turns the Pico Lipo 2 on, but that doesn’t turn it off. I then want to turn the Pico Lipo 2 off from the code after a period of inactivity.
I found this topic of discussion (Pico LiPo Power Switch - #8 by helpyhelperton) for the original Pico Lipo, which suggested that the IC used supported it, but that the board didn’t. Is this also the case with the 2, or has this functionality been implemented?
I think it is the same design. It is not built for this purpose and instead of doing complicated soldering, you should think of a different solution.
In the other thread you posted to, I recommended the TP5110, which will give you what you want for a few bucks. It does have some drawbacks though, like a maximum interval of about 2h and intervals not synchronized to wall-clock time.
If you want more, have a look at GitHub - bablokb/pcb-pico-power-switch: Suport PCB to switch battery power - designed for a Raspberry Pi Pico · GitHub. It does not have the LiPo-charging circuit, but you could combine it e.g. with a Lipo-Amigo-Pro. This is a PCB that fits below a normal Pico-X, but all components are also available in hand-solder friendly packages, so you could also do that on a breadboard/perfboard if you feel more comfortable with doing it yourself.
Thanks for the info. I am looking to upgrade 25+ unit with this latching functionality. Replacing the original with the Pico Lipo 2 would have been a possibility if it had this extra functionality, but because of very restrictive 3D printed enclosures, a more radical redesign isn’t an option. Complicated soldering it is then :D