Pimoroni-pico-v1.19.2-micropython.uf2 gives ImportError: no module named 'picoexplorer'

Good day!
I recently got the pico explorere. As instructed I loaded my pico with pimoroni-pico-v1.19.2-micropython.uf2
I got the LED screen to work just fine with an “import picographics”.
Now I want to play with the PIEZO speaker, but the “import picoexplorer” produces a “ImportError: no module named ‘picoexplorer’”.
What am I doing wrong?
I can’t find a separate picoexplorer library to download on the github here: pimoroni-pico/libraries/pico_explorer at main · pimoroni/pimoroni-pico (github.com)

The old Picoexplorer library has been refactored into PicoGraphics (for the screen) and a bunch of new shared functions for stuff like the buttons and buzzer - this means we can re-use the same functions on multiple boards without having to write a whole new library every time!

You can now invoke the buzzer like this (you’ll also need to connect GP0 and AUDIO with a jumper wire to hear noise):

from pimoroni import Buzzer
buzzer = Buzzer(0)
buzzer.set_tone(frequency)  # frequency should be a number between 1 and about 5000

There’s a more complicated buzzer example here -

1 Like

Thanks! Clear. You might want to consider updating the doc’s …

Agreed, I’m on it :)

2 Likes

Updated docs for Pico Explorer just got merged in, hopefully they’re a bit more helpful!

1 Like