Quick note on the Official Universal Powersupply

It’s got good output, very stable, fluctuations all sharply within spec…
But by the FSM’s noodly appendages, it is finnicky to get working.
For anyone that has trouble with it, make SURE you use a wall socket or standing (vertically mounted) plugbox, and make sure the Raspberry Pi image is faced the right side up, because the connectors behind the switchable plugs will NOT connect properly otherwise.

Mines on a horizontal strip plug and so far no problems that I’ve noticed. I’m using the UK attachment if that makes a difference?

Could well be, using the Euro plug…
Or maybe mine’s just finnicky, not a clue, it was being really fussy right up until i wallmounted it.

I can’t try that one, sorry!

I figured as much, and i can’t try any of the non-EU plugs :-(
We need a new worldwide standard for electricity and outlets, preferably ratified yesterday.

For some unknown reason I once read this page

I was amazed how many there are! The main thing missing from the universal PSU for me is a switch! I don’t like to keep unplugging it at the pi end. I’m on the lookout for something like this http://shop.pimoroni.com/products/adafruit-usb-cable-with-switch but for the micro end.

Having travelled a lot and having lived all over the globe, i’ve had to toss so many perfectly fine powersupplies over the years it’s just…
Well sad, really.
And yeah, an on/off swithc would indeed be a welcome addition.

That must be irritating, but think of the upsides… You’ve seen things us people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. C-beams glittering in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

(off topic but if I were in charge I’d make it mandatory for every PSU supplied with some equipment to include on the PSU the name of the thing its for! The Universal Powersupply has a raspberry on it so thats sorted ;) )

Meh, i was unfortunate enough to be in New York when someone decided flying a pair of planes into the WTC towers would be a grand idea…
That sort of thing tends to change one’s perspective on travel.

I can imagine it would