Raspberry Pi 5 on a 2020 Picade 10" kit

Greetings,

I have a 2020 10" Picade kit, which I have didn’t get round to starting - illness, Pandemic, blah blah - and I want to have a go now. Originally I planed to use a Pi 4, but that has been repurposed, and the only spares I have are a Pi 5 and a buch of Picos.

Will the Pi 5 work with this? I know that the 2025 version says “Pi 5 ready”, but is this a significant change. Will the Pi 5 work on the 202o kit?

All assistance appreciated.

Regards,

Grahame

Hi Grahame

I think the only changes are to the cabinet - we moved the mounting holes on the bottom and the cutout for the power cable on the back to make them work nicely with Pi 5 (and a NVMe Base, if you want). So if you can DIY a Pi mounting/cable solution that you’re happy with your kit should work fine with Pi 5 :)

Great. I’ll give it a go.

Thanks for the help.