rPi Zero W Issues

I have a Raspberry Pi Zero W that the LED will blink when powering up, however there is no output on HDMI nor does the WIFI connect and request an IP from the server.

I have tested the peripherals (SD Card, Keyboard) on another known working Pi Zero W and they work fine. Am I able to do anything or is it best to RMA?

Take a look here and see if you can notice a pattern. It may be a clue as to what’s wrong. :) http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#Green_LED_blinks_in_a_specific_pattern

Thanks for that,

Seems from the LED it’s booting, but its not working as expected

How peculiar. I’ve not known anything like this to happen before without there being a fault on the SD card. The only thing I can think of is a faulty HDMI connection which would probably mean getting a replacement Pi.
Unless anyone else has any ideas, I don’t think there’s any more troubleshooting you can really do.

Have you reinstalled the OS? If that doesn’t work, then maybe it is your MicroSD Card. It may be too slow for the Pi.

Hi @flash76,

I don’t think that it can be the speed of the SD - it is a class 10 card. This card when tested works in another zero so that rules that out also. I ended up RMA’ing the unit. Thanks for the help.

1 Like