SkyWriter hat not working

well I bough the skywriter hat in January ,and finally got around to trying it , but its not working ,I’m using the pimoroni dashboard and the examples … but nothing happens … I use same Pi to run the drumhat and pianohat I bought at the same time and they work just fine ,any ideas thanks ,jack

How are you connecting it to the pi?

How are you running the examples?

Are there any errors?

hello, plugged directly into the gpio ,using pimoroni dashboard to install , and then going to the pimoroni folder and right click file and execute, or python 3 and going through file open file ect ect .I do get errors …too long to type in here and trying to send a file from the pi browser using Hotmail it like trying to pull teeth from a giant tiger …I’I a windows user , and Linux and me don’t really get along ,but I try hard .lol, I will try later to get the error message info to post here ,thanks

The error message will be instrumental in finding the problem maybe you could try putting it in a text file on a flash drive if you have one handy.

this was what I got the last time I tried it ,

Traceback (most recent call last):Got firmware info

File “/home/pi/Pimoroni/skywriter/examples/umouse.py”, line 7, in
mouse = uinput.Device([uinput.REL_X, uinput.REL_Y, uinput.BTN_LEFT])
1.3.14;p:Hills
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/uinput/init.py”, line 178, in init
self.__uinput_fd = fd or fdopen()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/uinput/init.py”, line 84, in fdopen
return _libsuinput.suinput_open()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/uinput/init.py”, line 68, in _open_error_handler
raise OSError(code, “%s. Perhaps load the uinput kernel module first?” % msg)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] Failed to open the uinput device: No such file or directory. Perhaps load the uinput kernel module first?
Got firmware info

Got firmware info
Got firmware info
Got firmware info
Got firmware info
Got firmware info
Got firmware info
Got firmware info
Got firmware info
Got firmware info
Got firmware info
Got firmware info
Got firmware info
Got firmware info

just tried running keyboard.py file and it gives error , Trackback(most recent call last)
file “home/pi/pimoroni/skywriter/examples/keyboard.py”, line 4 in (module)
import error : no module named ‘autopy’

thanks for the help