Sound working but dead Pi VU Meter

Hi,

I have just bought a lovely pirate radio and installed the software from GitHub - pimoroni/phat-beat: Python library for PHAT BEAT - A stereo DAC, AMP and VU for the Raspberry Pi

The installation succeeded with no errors and I have then tested it with speaker-test -c2 -t wav. The sound is correctly delivered but no led is turned on. Similarly running the Pimoroni/phatbeat/examples/rainbow.py no led is turned on.

Any help with the debugging of this? Only thing I could find online is to check the /etc/asound.conf file and that looks alright to me with the values identical to what shown here: Getting Started with pHAT BEAT - Pimoroni Yarr-niversity

The function reference is here
Welcome — pHATBEAT 0.0.1 documentation (pimoroni.com)

There are commands in there to manually turn on the LED’s.
You could use that to test it.

phatbeat. set_all ( r , g , b , brightness=None , channel=None )

Set the RGB value and optionally brightness of all pixels

If you don’t supply a brightness value, the last value set for each pixel be kept.

Parameters: * r – Amount of red: 0 to 255

• g – Amount of green: 0 to 255
  • b – Amount of blue: 0 to 255
  • brightness – Brightness: 0.0 to 1.0 (default around 0.2)
  • channel – Optionally specify which bar to set: 0 or 1

Hello @alphanumeric, thanks for you answer and the link! I did try this already and no led turns on unfortunately. This is similar to trying to run the example function Pimoroni/phatbeat/examples/rainbow.py and that does not light any of the leds either.

The other functions are all working btw, I tested the buttons and they are responsive + the audio works fine.

Ok, firmly attached to the Pi’s GPIO header?
Did you solder the header on the Pi Zero?