Tiny2040

Is it planned to build a Tiny2040 that can be used in the TinyPico System or can I use only ESP32 devices there?

This maybe? Not 100% sure what your asking if I’m honest?
Tiny 2040 – Pimoroni

I had the hope that I can use Tiny2040 on TinyPico base board together with the TinyPico sheets. But there is no pinkompatibility. Right?

Isn’t it the same 2040 chip on the PICO and TinyPico? I’m still not exactly sure what your asking? Likely me having a bad day though.

The TinyPICO is Unexpected Maker’s range of ESP32 boards, so it’s very different to the Tiny 2040 made by Pimoroni using the RP2040 chip.

@Claus Slightly Unfortunately they don’t seem directly pin-compatible, you’d need to use jumper wires or a custom adapter PCB to connect them.

Ok, I get it now, TinyPico (which isn’t a Pi Pico?) versus Tiny2040 that is a Pi Pico. That naming convention is going to be very confusing, for some of us anyway.

Shoe answered and now I know.

Ok, I get it now, TinyPico (which isn’t a Pi Pico?) versus Tiny2040 that is a Pi Pico. That naming convention is going to be very confusing, for some of us anyway.

Exactly, UM made the TinyPico a while ago and I assume they called it a Pico in the same vein as Arduino Micro/Nano boards. I’m surprised Pimoroni went with the Tiny name, but I think most of the other “small” words have been used already (Titchy 2040 anyone?).

Didn’t the Pi Foundation do something similar with the now defunct “Pixel” desktop?
Anyway, I’m finally on the same page as everybody else, lol.