VOC / Humidity / Temperature Sensor

Hi,

I would like to monitor the environment for VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds), Relative Humidity, and Temperature. Which sensor(s) would be the best fit for this use case?

My preference is for integration with Raspberry Pi Zero W, Python libraries, no soldering, and no breadboard. I want to integrate with AWS IoT Core service for an IoT application.

Thanks!

As far as I know there’s no single sensor which does VOCs and humidity/temperature, but the Enviro+ meets all of your criteria with multiple sensors on a single HAT.

Just be aware that gas sensors are a bit non-specific, and the values they output can’t be converted into absolute quantities (e.g. parts per million values). You’re really just getting an indication of whether or not it is higher/lower than previous. You should also check the datasheet to see if it is picking up the exact VOCs you’re interested in.

Hi,

I am interested in this Air Quality sensor but would like to avoid soldering if possible. I am using a Raspberry Pi Zero WH board. Are there any connectors available to attach the sensor to the board without soldering?

Thanks!

Hi,

You could use the Breakout Garden HAT? https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/breakout-garden-hat

There’s a mini version too, and also one with SPI if you need.