Wireless Plasma Kit - Skully Edition - wireless examples

I’m new to Plasma Stick/Pico W and MicroPython.

I am playing with the examples onboard, and am having issues with the wireless connectivity.

I have populated WIFI_CONFIG.py appropriately. But it crashes out, and I keep seeing errors in Thonny:

PROBLEM IN THONNY'S BACK-END: Exception while handling 'Run' (ConnectionError: device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)).
See Thonny's backend.log for more info.
You may need to press "Stop/Restart" or hard-reset your MicroPython device and try again.

Process ended with exit code 1.
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Connection lost -- device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)

Use Stop/Restart to reconnect.

Process ended with exit code 1.
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Unable to connect to /dev/ttyACM0:

(I’ve looked in the backend.log, can’t really make much sense of it yet!)

Using some Pico W documentation I’ve managed to write my own script to connect to the network, so the basic functionality is there.

So what is wrong with the network_manager/uasyncio approach that is failing?

And what is the issue with Thonny?

Any tips, pointers, advice appreciated…
N.

Hmm, I’ve not seen that one before - are you using the most recent version of MicroPython?

Do the non-wireless examples work?

Yes, the non-network examples work.

In fact, on a hunch I tried powering it from a powerpack, and it connects to the network, and clearly gets data from CheerLights.

This suggests the issue is to do with it being connected to the Raspberry Pi I was using.

I haven’t had any chance to experiment further yet, but I will report back if I can work out what’s going on. At least at the moment I have a CheerLights active Skully sat in the living room!