7” Touch Screen - rotate screen issue

I have the same issue, is there a fix yet?

Thanks

There’s no fix I’m aware of yet. Other than the one @tvoverbeek posted, starting fresh with the new NOOBS as of 2015-09-24, or simply installing the Raspbian onto an SD card and using that.

I don’t know enough about how NOOBS works to know if it’s even possible to fix already setup cards, and unless you absolutely need NOOBS for multi-boot I’d suggest backing up your files and installing Raspbian Jessie to stay ahead of the curve- major updates have a tendency of breaking more than they fix.

OK, Thanks very much
Simon

I was having the same issue, the screen was rotated 180 degrees. I tried adding lcd_rotate = 2 to the end of my /boot/config.txt and nothing happened. I am running an updated version of Raspian Wheezy.

On a whim I moved the lcd_rotate = 2 line to the top of the file and it worked!

Great idea daveculp, I tried with NOOBS and it works as well. Just moved lcd_rotate=2 to the top of the file :-)

Thanks

I can also confirm that moving the lcd_rotate=2 to the top of the config file works. It needs to be above everything, even the comments.

I cannot connect 7 inch display to Picky B+?
I only get light on the display.

are you describing the ‘white screen’ symptoms described here:

http://forums.pimoroni.com/t/official-7-raspberry-pi-touch-screen-faq/959

Either way, I would advise to open a new topic, or post details of your problems there, ths one being about screen orientation specifically.

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my litle English!

My problem is that I’ve rotated the screen with the lcd_rotate=2 option, and the video is OK, but now my touch function has turned in flipped configuration, too. So, when I move my fingers from left to right, the mouse pointer is going from right to left, and the same issue appears with top and down…

How can I solve it?

Thanks!

Jordi

– EDITED –

Not sense… I’ve confused lcd_rotate=2 with screen_rotate=2. So I’m sorry for my mistake…

Thanks!!!

Jordi