Black hat Hack3r build question

One Zero would have the screen and the Scroll pHAT. This would be the “Front” zero, The second would have the Enviro and GPS modules.

oh, OK, yes, the scroll phat can’t be hidden away. Nevertheless I did a quick mock up of the principle using a mini-hacker I normally use on a A+ to fit a HAT and retain access to GPIO:

and here’s the mini-hacker by itself:

the female header can serve as a support but is optional… I use it for pogo pins in my case, not so much for support, though it happens to be a good way to do that too, depending on the HAT underside components configuration.

Anyhow, this is more to illustrate that the full-size hacker and mini-hacker can be used in many different creative manners, I have 2-3 of each configured differently and reach for the one I need when there’s something I want to achieve quickly.

@RogueM Ah very cool. I think your initial configured option is actually going to be the one that works best. Do you know of an option that I can attach the two Black Hacker units together with the pi’s nicely between?

Eventually I’d like to make or have a case made to house the unit.

@RogueM
I’m thinking of a header case where you have right angle male and female headers. Would this allow me to orient the HDMI and USB away from the bottom of the device? If I were to do this would the top of the zero match up with the top of the black hacker?

Actually I think the original idea is more compatible with the cases I think are enjoyable.

Wow - sounds like a cool project! You could always go for a USB touch display, saving yourself some of the GPIO nightmare. This one would do: https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/2-8-usb-tft-touch-display-screen-for-raspberry-pi-v2. I have never seen a capacative touch one, but resistive ones are OK as long as you have big easily-pressed onscreen buttons.

@archieroques Looks nice I’ll keep it in mind :D

I tried to max out header capacity and still fit well physically with other boards