Black Hat Hack3r does not work

Hello!!

I got a Black Hat Hack3r to use for my project and it looks amazing

Though I am having big problems with it:

when the Hack3r is attached the Raspberry pi doesn’t turn on at all, which as you understand is kind of a big deal.
To connect the Hack3r and the Raspberry pi I am using the same configuration as the one shown in this page https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/black-hat-hacker.

I don’t really know where to go from here and any help would be highly appreciated.

all the best,
Luisa

PS:
I want to use the Hack3r to work with a Raspberry pi B 1.0 and to attach to

all I can think of is check your soldering and redo any that look dodgy.

good luck

Will

You are almost certainly shorting something. Are you sure you are running the ribbon cable over the Pi and not the opposite way?

Please post a picture of your setup. Checking your soldering is also good advice, if you got any bridge you’ll get into trouble.

Last, although probably not that relevant, I’m not 100% clear what Pi you are trying to connect. Please run:

curl -sS get.pimoroni.com/cpuinfo | bash

(and post the result here)

First of all: thank you all so much for answering me!

I tried to run the code RogueM suggested, this is the result:
//
Hardware Revision : a01041Revision match: Pi 2 Model B Rev 1.1Linux raspberrypi 4.4.13-v7+ #894 SMP Mon Jun 13 13:13:27 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

///
Here you can see pictures of the setup and of the soldering, maybe you can see something I can’t.

thank you very much! :)

I can’t see anything wrong with your setup. However you will not be able to use the black hat hacker with the hats/phats you said as they share some pins.(pin25 & 24) however if they are not connected I an sure why the pi won’t boot.
Finally check your using an up to date operating system although that shouldn’t matter as the pi shouldn’t take notice of it at boot

thank you for answering :)

The pi is up to date. It is just so weird that it does not turn on at all when the Hack3r is attached…

I can see some copper exposed in a few places… one in particular sits inbetween 2 traces and could very well be shorting the 5v with the 3v3 rail.

Personally I would be very careful using this Black HAT, you will likely damage your Pi if you try your luck too many times hoping to get it to work.

hey, thank you for your answer.
though I am not sure I understand what you mean…
do you mean the soldering?

could you be more specific please?
thanks

No, I’m talking about the plane: pin 1, carrying 5v and pin 2, carrying 3.3v run side by side. On close-up, there is what seems to be exposed copper between the pin headers further away from the Pi.

Thank you for your help!