i am kinda new but i try my best do get some stuff working. right now i am trying to get the bme688 breakout working on a breakout garden with pico w. i installed the firmware as shown, pico prints hello world. then i tried the example code from github for the bme68x
i geht an runtime error that the breakout could not be found when initialising. i did my research and found a
but this doesnt help either.
can anybody bump me in the right direction?
thx a lot
November 29, 2022, 1:40pm
Did you solder the headers on the PicoW yourself? If so, it would be worth checking the soldering is good.
thank you for the fast reply. no i didnt soldered it yet, just stuck the whole thing in place with pin headers. do you think its because of bad connection?
November 29, 2022, 1:58pm
Yes, 100% yes.
You can’t just ‘rest’ (un)soldered headers in place and expect a reliable electronic connection, I’m afraid!
i see, what a pity. this would explain why the 240x240 pixel display doesnt work either.
thanks a lot, i will solder it then
November 29, 2022, 2:06pm
That should improve things greatly.
On the bright side, the Pico(w) is a joy to solder headers onto, compared to the double-row nightmare of full-grown Pis!
hope that will fix the other issue with the lcd as well.
i’ll give it a try in a few minutes, wish me luck :)
ahnlak, thank you very much, both works just fine
beginner failure - check
November 29, 2022, 4:51pm
And don’t worry, you are far from the first and definitely won’t be the last - it’s only obvious when you already know.
I do sometimes wonder if Pimoroni should put “this will need soldering” somewhere obvious in the packaging.
i knew it, but i was too lazy yesterday. thought it would work for at least testing.
in my opinion its obvious, but perhaps they can note that it doesnt work the lazy way :)