Just got the Inky Frame 5.7 kit today (yay!) and followed the instructions – put the SD card in, attached the battery etc. – , but I can’t seem to figure out how to get it working.
If I simply turn it on, the WiFi and Flag LEDs blink seemingly randomly. If I then press any of the A-E buttons, any button I press lights up and stays on; so I can have all the A-E buttons on at the same time.
If I plug it into a laptop with Thonny installed, I don’t seem to get a connection either.
dmesg detects nothing when I plug it into or out of the USB port.
All the time, the eInk display stays exactly the same picture it did out of the box:
What I tried and seemed to make no difference:
- press the Reset button (it did seem to restart the system though, as the lights stopped)
- press the BootSel button
- re-attach the battery
- re-attach the eInk screen connector
- switch the USB cable for one that I know works
- added my main user to
uucpgroup and restarted the laptop
- installed MicroPython (through AUR) on the laptop
- switch the host laptop – I get the same results whether on Slimbook w/ Arch, Dell w/ Fedora or ThinkPad w/ Windows
I am a bit at a loss what to do.