Color "Bleed" Inky Impression

I recently received my Inky Impression 7.3" display and nearly everything seems to work as expected. However, after clearing the display and displaying only a white rectangle, I’m left with a pink-ish tinge around the edges. This remains after running the clean.py located under inky/examples on the GitHub page.

Is this unit defective or is this expected behavior that can be remedied?

Hi I bought an Impression 7.3" on Jan 18, which looks to be around the same time as you. I’m only now getting to my project and I also have the same color bleed. Mine is more extreme on the bottom and left, with only a little on the top and right. What happened with yours? Did you get a replacement unit?

I noticed on the product page it did have a section that describes the issue:

We’ve noticed that the corners can also sometimes have a pink tinge when displaying full white, especially when the screen is cold.

I didn’t end up returning it since I wasn’t too bothered and mainly wanted the display for testing purposes. The room it happened to be in was quite cold and the effect seems to be less noticeable when the screen is warmer. If the issue had been bad enough, I likely would have reached out to support for a replacement unit.