Does anyone know if badger 2040 has plan to support WIFI in the future?

Does anyone know if badger 2040 has plan to support WIFI in the future? I assume it does not come with wifi capabilities now.

Any addon or additional plug-in that I will need to support WIFI now if buying badger 2040? Thanks.

As someone pointed out to me when I said the same thing on Twitter, Adafruit do something not-entirely-different with added Wifi, in the form of their magtag.

Alternatively, the Badger does expose a variety of pins, although it’s hard to track down a WiFi (or bluetooth) module that’s small enough and cheap enough to make much sense. I started contemplating some sort of rudimentary light sensor and flashing data to it from a phone torch before remembering all my other half-built projects… ;-)

2 Likes

The pins appear to be flat on the edge on the back, I wonder if a dock could be made to sit it on instead of connecting via a USB cable?

I’ve thought of that type of idea a few times for adding things around the house without adding more WiFi devices on top of existing computers, TVs, consoles, etc. Also just thoughts so far, maybe one day it will get further ^_^.

Possibly, although I don’t know how easy it would be to get a clean contact that way.