After some pretty serious wildfires here in Oregon earlier this year I decided I wanted to know more about the air quality outside and inside my house. So I set about making two different units to do that. This happens to be the indoor air quality station with a custom enclosure.
Using code that Roscoe81 on Github developed; Enviro-Monitor. I put this together with;
- Raspberry Pi Zero W
- Pimoroni Enviro+
- Pimoroni SGP30
- Plantower PMS5003
- And 1 warm white LED for style points
All of this stuffed into a little custom enclosure I made and posted up here at Prusa Printers: Super Deluxe Indoor Air Quality Housing. I also explain a bit more about how it goes together here as well as provided some exploded views of the assembly to get an idea of how it goes together.
Unfortunately, I burned up the little screen on the Enviro+ by using an inappropriate ribbon cable to connect the RPi to the Enviro+ early. I’m still debating what to do but @alphanumeric has had some awesome suggestions for overcoming that which might require a bit of rework on my housing. That or I just buy another Enviro+, but all the sensors are working and sending their data to where I wanted it sent so it’s working… mostly.