Enviro+ LCD not working on Pi Zero W

I’ve done a fresh install of Debain Buster on a Raspberry Pi Zero W and then ran the installation script:
curl -sSL https://get.pimoroni.com/enviroplus | bash

From what I can see, the examples all work, with exception of the LCD scripts e.g. lcd.py and all-in-one.py, the script seems to continue as normal with no errors, but the LCD is blank.

I’ve checked the ribbon cable and connector on the back and both seem to be fine.
I’ve done the usual, update, reboot, re-install etc…
Has anyone else seen this, or have and recommendations?

Have you tried using “python lcd.py” instead of “python3 lcd.py”

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately neither python nor python3 work. I’m going to email support to see if they know of anything.

After you setup the pi with a fresh copy of buster and run
curl -sSL https://get.pimoroni.com/enviroplus | bash
then run

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

This will push into your system any changes that were incorporated in the update but not included in the latest buster image.

Hi,

is there a final solution for the topic? After adding PMS5003 and changing the config of the PI Zero my LCD is somehow blank too. Looks like background light is on but nothing displayed any more.
Any feedback from support?
Thanks for any hint.
res

I am also having difficulties with the lcd display. Error is
pi@enviro1:~/enviroplus-python/examples $ sudo python lcd.py
2024-04-02 12:15:04.690 INFO lcd.py - Hello, World! example on the 0.96" LCD.

Press Ctrl+C to exit!

Woah there, suitable gpiochip not found!
⚠️ /dev/gpiochip0: 9 is an int and has been skipped, did you mean “PIN9” or “GPIO9”?
any help is appreciated

Sorry. forgot to add I’m using 32 bit Bullseye on a RPi zero 2 w

You’ll need to downgrade your st7735 library (sudo pip install st7735==0.0.5), because the latest version has … issues with some subtle combination of other gpio stuff.

This comes up so often one day I’m just gonna work out how to fix it once and for all and send a PR :-)

2 Likes

Thank you very much. That cleared the issue with the lcd. Now I’m getting this with PM…
^Cpi@enviro1:~/enviroplus-python/examples $ python combined.py
2024-04-03 09:36:12.375 INFO combined.py - Displays readings from all of Enviro plus’ sensors

Press Ctrl+C to exit!

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/enviroplus-python/examples/combined.py”, line 39, in
pms5003 = PMS5003()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/pms5003/init.py”, line 109, in init
self._pin_enable, self._pin_reset = gpiodevice.get_pins_for_platform(PLATFORMS)
ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 0)
Thanks again

Ahh yes; I think the latest pms5003 library doesn’t like the Zeros for … reasons.

The solution is pretty much the same; downgrade the library (sudo pip install pms5003==0.0.5) should, I believe, stop it complaining.

1 Like

Thank you… This is perfect. All fully functional. Now I just need it to execute on boot and all will be fine.

Thanks again.