Hotkeys question

Hi All,

I just built a new picade console and everything is working great except I cannot get the Load/Save State hotkeys working.

Everything is stock Retropie 4.2 and picade pcb. I’ve mapped Left shoulder to button 3 and Right Shoulder to button 6 in Emulation Station. All other default hotkeys work except when I press “Select+Right Shoulder” or “Select+Left Shoulder” nothing happens. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Hi,

I’ve noticed the same problem yesterday.
The “L” and “R” buttons (3&6) work in games as expected. But together with “Select” the don’t work as “Save” and “Load”.
I’m still running the default firmware on the Picade PCB.

Cheers
Kai

Hi,

Has anyone found a solution to this issue, please?

Thanks

I remember having the same trouble. My solution was to change the hotkey configuration so that increase/decrease save slot and save/load state where mapped to select and joystick up/down/left/right. I will check my config and post my solution later or on the weekend. Im on retropie 3.8 but it might work on 4.2.

OK, I checked what I did.

1. Picade PCB is configured as Keyboard with default firmware
  2. retropie 3.8, but this should work with 4.2 too
  3. manually edited /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg so this config works for all emulators:

input_load_state = "up"
input_load_state_btn = "nul"
input_load_state_axis = "nul"
input_save_state = "down"
input_save_state_btn = "nul"
input_save_state_axis = "nul"
input_state_slot_increase = "right"
input_state_slot_increase_btn = "nul"
input_state_slot_increase_axis = "nul"
input_state_slot_decrease = "left"
input_state_slot_decrease_btn = "nul"
input_state_slot_decrease_axis = “nul”

So I got load state at joystick up, save state at joystick down, increase slot at joystick right and decrease slot at joystick left. Takes a little while to get used to but works like a charm.