I would like to share the additions I have made to my Picade with a 12" screen. Thanks must go to @Dyltone for the button and voltage conversion ideas, and to @jopamo for the 12" screen and driver board suggestions, all from this thread: 12.1 Inch Display Question
My modifications involve two power buttons, the new Picade HAT, and a single 12V power source. All links to where I bought the items are below as well.
The key features this setup offers is the ability to have a single power source with a master on/off button, and an additional button that utilises Picade HAT’s Pi on/off feature. Both buttons light up when on for a nice visual feedback. Also, my setup allows you to have physical volume up/down buttons (missing from the HAT), and the wiring of both speakers together. A full circuit diagram is below too.
Here are some pictures (yes, not the neatest of mods):
Here is a video showing them in action:
Shopping List (all items either shipped to or bought in the UK)
- 12" LCD screen - Samsung LTN121XL01-N03 - http://www.displaysscreen.com/original-ltn121xl01n03-samsung-screen-121-1024×768-ltn121xl01n03-display-p-2767.html
- Driver board for the 12" screen (make sure you tell them your LCD model number) http://www.ebay.com/itm/151648143215
- Picade HAT - https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/picade-hat
- Latching 16mm Push Button Switch 12V - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281778954298
- Momentary 16mm Black Push Button Switch 12V - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261439786735
- 1.5M DC Power Cable/Lead -5.5mm x 2.5mm- Male Plug to Bare Ends (you won’t need 1.5m, but the extra wire was used to solder everything together) - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371610088443
- 3A/15W Power Adapter 12V to 5V MICRO USB Cable Connector (handy to have micro USB as output) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015B5XZYQ
- Genuine CWT 12V 5A, 60W AC adapter - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004HCCVLI
- 5 x 2.5mm x 5.5mm Round Panel Chasis Mount Female Socket DC Connector (to be honest, these aren’t long enough for the fastening nut to hold it in place, so had to superglue it in) - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WZ8210C
Hope this helps you have fun with your Picade too!