Hyperpixel 4.0 blank screen

Hi! I just got a raspberry pi 4 so I’m not that experienced. I also bought a Hyperpixel 4 screen. I’ve set up the raspberry pi successfully (with the latest firmware), but I just don’t get the screen to start. It slightly lights up, so it looks like it turns on, but nothing else happens. What am I doing wrong? I tried doing this: PSA: HyperPixel 4 (Square & Rectangular) on Raspberry Pi OS 64bit 2022-04-04 · Issue #177 · pimoroni/hyperpixel4 · GitHub but it broke the booting of the raspberry pi to the point where it wouldn’t start.

When you say you followed the instructions in that link, what precisely did you do?

All that’s required with a Pi4 & the latest OS should be to add the dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dpi-hyperpixel4 entry into /boot/config.txt (although I think with bookworm that’s moved to /boot/firmware/config.txt?), and reboot.

I don’t see how that could stop the Pi from even booting, so that makes me worry you’ve tried to install the old drivers or any one of a number of crazy ideas from further down on that thread :-)

Thank you for your response! I did exactly as you described… Someone else also worked on it and I think he tried installing legacy drivers but wasn’t able to. If that’s everything I’m supposed to do I’ll try again! Thank you for your help:)

Yeah, if he started off trying to install legacy drivers then… you’ll find it easier to wipe and start again :-)

Hyperpixels are fickle beasts, but at least if you’re on a Pi4 & recent OS, theoretically you have the best chance!

Another option is to install the Legacy OS Version. It’s doable on a Pi 4. If the Hyperpixel works with it, you’ll know its a software issue. If it still doesn’t work that hints at a hardware issue. I would think Pi OS Legacy, on a Pi 4 would be a know good working setup, as far as the Hyperpixel goes.