InkyPhat issues

Having some issues with the inkyphat with my pi zero WH.

I was initially able to set up the calendar, but it never changed dates, and is now fading quite a bit. Since then I’ve been unable to use any of the other examples (name badge, weather, etc.). Now, after trying some updates, I get the following error messages whenever I try to use one of the examples:

File “calendar-phat.py”, line 206, in
inky_display.show()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/inky/inky_ssd1608.py”, line 236, in show
self._update(buf_a, buf_b, busy_wait=busy_wait)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/inky/inky_ssd1608.py”, line 174, in _update
self.setup()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/inky/inky_ssd1608.py”, line 155, in setup
self._busy_wait()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/inky/inky_ssd1608.py”, line 163, in _busy_wait
raise RuntimeError(“Timeout waiting for busy signal to clear.”)
RuntimeError: Timeout waiting for busy signal to clear.

At this point I’m wondering whether it’s an issue with the inkyphat itself, or is it just me (most likely). Any way I could (a) fix the errors above and then (b) get it to display the name badge etc.

Thanks in advance

I’m getting precisely the same error using the Inky Impression (7 colours). I’ve attached the display to a Pi Zero W, imaged with a fresh OS, sshed in and run the inky installation script, which ran to completion, then rebooted the pi, relogged in, and no matter script I run from ~/Pimoroni/inky/examples/7color, I get this error message. Any guidance?

I tried the sequence proposed in the inky repo on github and got this error:

$ python3
Python 3.7.3 (default, Jul 25 2020, 13:03:44) 
[GCC 8.3.0] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> from inky.auto import auto
>>> board = auto()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/inky/auto.py", line 44, in auto
    raise RuntimeError("No EEPROM detected! You must manually initialise your Inky board.")
RuntimeError: No EEPROM detected! You must manually initialise your Inky board.
>>>