New Artwork for Picade Cabinet

I can’t seem to find one here, but has anyone made artwork for a fighting game mashup of some sort here?

this is ready to print or need the psd files ?

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you know that i am not doing any updated art for the PiCade. I can still send what i have, but it may not fit correctly. I believe that the control panel is larger on the current PiCade version. There may also be other differences. I have canceled my Photoshop subscription so i am unable to do even the smallest changes. Have fun with your PiCade builds!! Thank you. Rick

1 Like

@Wheelhorse Big fan of some of your artwork here. I just ordered the newer 10 inch picade and I’m hoping I’m not too late to the party. Would it be possible to get the printable versions of your Space Invaders theme from posts 555 and 557? I also like your Galaga theme from post 554, do you happen to have matching side art for it as well? I’m new here and can’t pm people for some reason. My email is my username at gmail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thank for all the hard work you have put in designing the artwork here! I’m unable to PM, but I have the 2018/2019 8 inch Picade. Would you be able to send me the high quality artwork for Dragon’s Lair 717 and include the bezel if available please to sidney_sutton @ hotmail .com? Thanks you!

Overall I’m very satisfied with the picade 10" kit and it was a lot of fun to put together. Artwork was supplied by @Wheelhorse who did a fantastic job, thank you again. I had it printed through gameongrafix and went with a matte finish overall as a trial run and was pretty happy with how it turned out. For the marquee I managed to make an enclosure from the boxes that came with the kit. I made a little box that had led strips lined on the inside and a generic black adhesive vinyl that I found at hobby lobby wrapped around it to help hide the lamp. I attached that directly to the marquee pieces so it’s all one solid piece that’s powered from the picade hat. I managed to get the bezel overlays working in RetroPie for some games so going with no artwork on the bezel worked out nice. I had a quirky idea to use some duct tape to simulate the t-molding and honestly it’s one of my favorite features. I got a lot of inspiration from this forum and it’s ultimately what made me decide to get a picade so I want thank everyone who has posted here. I’ve been wanting to build a cabinet for a long time and this has given me confidence to make bigger cabinets now. Thank you

3 Likes

That looks amazing, can I ask where you got the replacement buttons?

@Wheelhorse I love all the art work you have done; I also saw your post about not doing more artwork, can I ask do you have any street fighter 2 or golden axe designs for the picade 10inch? In your collection. I’m at 81damd@googlemail.com recently built it and want to swap out the joysticks buttons and decal design. Thanks.

I have never done any screen art for the 10". There is not enough room around the screen for much. I figure you can just add a black border around the screen.

I do not have Golden Axe for this version of the PiCade

I have some work for Street Fighter 2. I have a marquee, screen bezel for 8", and control panel. Keep in mind that you may have to modify my control panel art to fit your picade. I believe your control panel is wider. I will send what i have.

1 Like

Thanks, I will have a work around with it and if I can get it to work will post pictures.

Amazon is where I got my buttons, they have a ton of different kinds and colors

I just ordered a picade 10inch. Is there one for zelda nes theme for all sides? could get via email?

Thanks in advance,
jmcwild@gmail.com

this is the template i see online. is this current or did it change? picade/picade-artwork-templates-a4-2021.pdf at master · pimoroni/picade · GitHub

Just finished making this guy. Thanks everyone in this forum for sharing artwork and giving inspiration! Wanted to make a fighting game mash-up of all the games I enjoyed as a kid. Hope you guys enjoy.

2 Likes

@Wheelhorse, I’m a bit late to the party here, but I have just taken delivery of a 10 inch picade and was wondering if it would be possible to let me have a copy of the Space Invader skin please? Very impressed with what you have done here, fantastic job!

@Wheelhorse I’ve been looking through the amazing artworks you’ve created for the Picades, love them! I have 3 x 8" Picades that I’ve built with my students and was hoping to get hold of some skins if possible? Would love to use the Space Invaders, Dragons Lair and Defender panel artwork if it wasn’t too much trouble? Sorry I can’t PM as I’m a new member, but my address is profclam@hotmail
Best, Mike

Hey everyone. I have made a ton of these artworks and now I need help. I have never actually printed one. I had an old original picade and I took my custom artwork to a shop. They went out of business. Now I have the new 2020 picade with 10 inch.

With that being said I see it’s so small I can print the marquee and control panel on a single 8.5x11 sheet of card stock landscape. The question is what size? I have tried a few and it’s either a bit small or too big. I tried the A4 setting and no go.

Someone printed these themselves and had it come out correct size?

With all that being said. I downloaded the new templates from pimoroni but it’s just not useful. It would be nice if it had the layering ready to go so you can import images and be done. Now those print to the right size but I can’t figure out how to layer it right to add pictures. I lost my touch I guess. Anyway. Hope yall enjoying the art. Wheelhorse hit me up. I need your help.

Hey also here are the new templates from Pimoroni. If someone can take the psd files and layer them for me so they are ready to have pictures added that would be great.

Picade 2022 Templates (PSD and PDF)

Hey how r u? Do you have the psd files for both of these?

Hey wheelhorse… Can I get this neo geo template from you? Much appreciated. Psd would be great or what ever works for you. Thanks.