New product question, pidrive pibow?

hi I wasn’t sure where to post this but I was wondering if you will be producing a pibow for the new pidrive hdd??

it would be great to have my new pidrive in a pibow case to match my pi3.

thanks

lee

the case would have to be significantly larger to accomodate a Pidrive. Also I think a lot of the engineering would need evaluation, such as access to SD, ventilation, overall depth, and how to bolt it all together.

Honestly, I don’t see it happening considering the demand I expect from such an item and increased cost that no doubt would have to be reflected in the price. Besides, I believe multiple options are available direct from WD, at pretty reasonable prices.

That said, I have no idea, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Edit: oh, I see, you mean a separate case? I’m all the more skeptical, as that would require the same colour declinations ideally, multiplying SKU and ruling out viability in my view.

The PiDrive is actually almost exactly 1 standard lego brick height in thickness. I have mine in a nice little lego case and it works a treat. Won’t match a PiBow, but still looks suitably appropriate if you use a rainbow selection of bricks.

And it has the added bonus of hiding the bloody searchlight LED that WD seem to have decided to fit to the thing.

that’s a shame as as far as I can tell the demand for pidrives’s is extremely high, their website states there a 3week wait ast the demand has far outweigh’d manufacture speeds.

if you look at it in terms of numbers there are around 10million pi users most have probly orderd a pi drive, if half of those don’t want the WD pi drive cases (one is designed to sit the official foundation case ontop, the other is for a living room media center setup) that could be a lot of business your way as the main pi accessory suplyer

hey, like I said, I don’t know whether such a Pibow addition is totally to be ruled out.

… personally I’m not exactly sure your estimates of demand for the drive itself translate as you expect in demands for a 3rd party casing though, but the powers that be may have a different opinion on the matter.

well its been 3 weeks an my pidrive has arrived. now do I really have to buy the awefull white case for it, or are you going to do a pibow for it??