Official 7" Touchscreen Display all black

HI,
I just got my wonderful Pi touchscreen display. I use it with an older model B, but it should be working with that as well.

I have downloaded latest Raspian and run the Sudo apt-get update and Upgrade, Reboot, checked the cables between the screens board and the Pi, but still only a black screen.

I use two power supplies so I should have enough power to run both.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to get i to work?

Thanks for any help!

Kristian Nielsen, Copenhagen

I had this exact problem, and the only way to fix it was running a sudo rpi-update. Give it a shot.

Thanks! I’ll give it a shot tonight!

Great!

Cheers from Copenhagen!

Hmmm, it doesn’t seem to work… did you use the model B?

I did the upgrade of the firmware and it went well, but no change in behavior i.e. still a completely black screen.

Can anyone please confirm that the Raspberry Pi Display works with model B.

Thanks

Regards,
Kristian

The display does not work (yet) with the model B (both rev 1 and rev2) and model A.
See this thread on the Raspberry Pi forums for the details: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=120460
It has to do with the fact that the I2C connections are not available on the Pi display connector for models A and B. Hopefully there will be a firmware update to support the original models A and B.
If so, you will need the extra jumper cables to connect the I2C from the display board to the PI.

Thanks for the info… The only consolation is that my display probably is not malfunctioning. Guess I’ll just have to wait for the firmware or give in and get a model 2 :)