Picade/RetroPi loading roms

Hi guys,

Any chance of some advice on where/how to save roms to my micro sd card for retropie/emulation station on the Picade I recently built? I’m a complete newbie to all but have managed (with a few false starts) to install the retropie software and configure the controls but I’m stuck now on the roms.
The retropie.org.uk website guide for transferring roms simply states to ‘add the roms to thier respective folders (in the retropie/roms folder)’ but I can’t see any folders with this name on my MicroSD card- in fact the only folder on it is called ‘overlays’, the rest are just files.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Jules

Follow this. There are many ways to do this but this is the easy way for you.

Thanks Angel, I’ll give it a go tonight and let you know how I get on, cheers!

Hi,

Thanks for the advice and video link- that worked great, I’ve got roms running for most of the consoles now.
However I can’t get any arcade game roms to load in mame- I’ve put the same zip file roms into the mame folders as I did with the other consoles but none of them load. Do you have to unzip roms before they work in mame?
I tried unzipping one and it opened up load of files all with different file extensions- I had no idea which ones to copy across or all of them??
Any more advice would be much appreciated.

Jules

aahhhhh yes the good ole mame roms. Well mame emulators only run specific romsets. So I have attached information explaining that. All I can say is google is your friend…wink wink!!!

First of all this site is a lot of help.