Pirate Audio (3W Stereo Amp Version)

I have prepared a laser cut speaker enclosure for the Pirate Audio (3W Stereo Amp Version). Anyone who are interested can download the dxf file here.

DId your software work right out of the box?
Im having the worst time and its like I KNOW what the issue is I just don’t know how to fix it.
The instructions say that anything you copy to the MUSIC folder should play, but I have a 4TB external drive I want to play from, so my MUSIC folders not going to fit on the SD card.
Ive tried almost everything I can think of and nothing works, there even seems to be an area in the MOPIDY setup that should allow you to direct it elsewhere, but that’s not working.

SO just to test I tried to coipy one album TO my MUSIC folder still no go. EVen when its pointed at the 4TB drive I do scan and its done in 3 seconds, so I know its not scanning the right place, any ideas?

@mindwave Mopidy and all of its associated plugins have been being migrated from Python 2.7 to Python 3 over the past couple of months, so things have been a little less smooth than we would have liked while that’s been happening. Having said that, we think we’ve got the installer patched up pretty well now, with everything pretty much working.

It’s probably worth starting afresh with a fresh Raspbian SD card and running the installer again, just to see if that sorts things out. In terms of adding your music from the attached drive, things to check are:

1. That the drive is mounted properly.
  2. That you’re using the correct path to the folder.
  3. That you’re editing the right bit of the config file (/etc/mopidy/mopidy.conf). It should be this bit:
[local]
media_dir = /var/lib/mopidy/media

and, in your case, I guess it should say something like /mnt/mydrive/mymusic

In the Iris web interface, you should be able to go to “Browse” > “Files” > “my music” and see all of your music folders and files.

Hope that helps…

Pirate Audio is a range of all-in-one audio boards for Raspberry Pi, with high-quality digital audio, beautifully-crisp IPS displays for album art, tactile buttons for playback control, and our custom Pirate Audio software and installer to make setting it all up a breeze.

Sandy

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I moved and didnt see your recommendations, which is OK because I haven’t unpacked my Pirate board either.

Thanks

Jerome