Raspberry PI DPI only works over short distances, why?

Hello, I would like to use the Raspberry Pi 3B+ to operate the rectangular Hyerpixel 4.0 touchscreen from Pimoroni. However, I don’t want to plug the touchscreen directly onto the Raspberry Pi, but instead use a 3.5 meter long cable to connect the touchscreen to the Raspberry Pi.

My structure is such that I bring the Raspberry Pi to a circuit board using a 40-pin cable. From there I pick up the I2C signal so that I can connect some IO’s on the board. There is also a 40-pin connection on the circuit board, to which I can connect my 3.5 meter cable to the Hyperpixel 4.0.

When I still had the cable connection from the circuit board to the Hyperpixel 4.0 with a 40cm cable, everything worked fine. However, when I replaced the 40cm long cable with the 3.5m, the display only flickered, but the touch still worked. I replaced the 3.5m cable again with the 40cm cable and the image display on the touchscreen still didn’t work. However, if I plug the hyperpixel directly onto the Raspberry Pi header again, everything works again.

At first I thought it was the IO board that connects the raspberry pi to Hyperpixel, but replacing this board didn’t help either. I’m at a loss because I don’t know where to start troubleshooting. I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance