Royal Mail tracking?

Is it just me or does the Royal Mail tracking leave a lot to be desired? I know this is not Pimoroni’s fault but the International Tracked and signed doesn’t really seem to be International? I placed an order that shipped a week ago Saturday and tracking seems to stop when it leaves the UK? The last entry was
Updated on: Saturday 30 June
03:56am
Item Leaving the UK
LANGLEY HWDC

Again I know this is beyond Pimoroni’s control I’m just wondering if anybody else is noticing this? If your in the US or Canada for instance.

Not specific to Pimoroni, but when I’ve used Royal Mail tracking to send parcels to the US, once the item leaves the UK, it gets handed over to the USPS service and further tracking is then available on their website.

Not sure if this helps in your case…

I’ll have a look see on Canada Post thanks.

Canada post won’t accept the Royal Mail number and that’s the only one I have. Was worth a try though. What will happen is it will just show up and I’ll sign for it. Then the tracking say delivered. Until it shows up though, I’m left wondering where exactly in Canada it is?

Royal Mail define it as “Tracking within the UK and after leaving the UK” so it should, in theory, transition to overseas but I don’t know how the handoff works between postal agencies.

You could try: https://www.track-trace.com/post but I’m not sure that’s the right way.

It’s possible it’s still in customs limbo between the UK and Canada- I’ve seen stuff vanish for a while before it crops up.

I’ll just wait for it to show up. It usually around 10 days after it was shipped, so that’s any day now. I shouldn’t really complain when I’m only paying 10 bucks for shipping. ;) I must have been having a bad day when I started this thread, lol. Stuff like this doesn’t usually bug me all that much. The package always arrives. :)

1 Like

Did you receive your package?

Yes I got it. I just forgot to update this thread. Right after I signed for it the tracking updated to delivered. I’m thinking the issue is that Canada Post doesn’t play well with Royal Mail. I’ve got a few packages after that and it goes the same way. Once it leaves the UK and its in Canada Posts hands tracking stops. Then when I sign for it it shows as delivered.

I just forgot to update this thread. Right after I signed for it the tracking updated to delivered.

I don’t understand

I ordered my stuff.
Checked the tracking and it stopped updating when my package left the UK.
Days and days went by with no updates, so I started this thread.
My package finally arrived and I signed for it.
After I signed for it the tracking info then updated to say delivered.
I then forgot to post back here that I had actually got it.

1 Like

I order a lot of stuff from UK and I only live ‘next door’ in France. Tracked parcel service is a bit of a joke really. Sometimes I get my order within 2-3 days which is pretty good for door to door.
However the norm. is anywhere between one and two weeks, and I have had a couple of deliveries that have taken more than a month! Not bad for a tracked package.
I normally get a tracking number from UK Royal Mail who kid me that it is an international tracking number. However there appears to be a black hole ( channel tunnel maybe? ) where the tracking is non existent until the French ‘La Poste’ tracking system picks up the item and I can then follow it.
This is of course all theoretical as more often than not I get the package delivered to my door while tracking shows that it is still in Northern France or at an airport somewhere.
The postal services work in mysterious ways.