Ssd on pi4

hi i have fitted a ssd to pi4 using a boot sd i will go in to a longer explanation
if outhers are intrested

thanks

If you attach an external SSD to your Raspberry Pi 4 B, you will get significantly faster app opens and file transfers. One of the most important improvements in the Pi 4 is its USB 3.0 interface. Where previous Raspberry Pi models were limited to a USB 2’s theoretical 480 Mbps / 60 MBps maximum speed when connecting to external storage, the new model has an interface that can theoretically hit 5 Gbps / 620 MBps. In the real world you’d be lucky to get half of that, but you still attain speeds that are three or four times faster on tasks that matter.

By way of comparison, the microSD card reader on the Raspberry Pi 4 can only manage a theoretical maximum of around 50 MBps, which is double the bandwidth available on the Pi 3 B+. But just exactly how much faster is an SSD than using a high-quality microSD card? To find out, I attached an M.2 NVMe SSD in a USB enclosure to my Raspberry Pi 4 and ran a few tests.
I hope this information is helpful.
Regards,
Lewis
Developer
o365cloudexperts