Using a Deco tp-link with a Pi

To improve wi-fi within the house I have recently brought a Deco system to improve connectability round the house due to the silica rich walls which attenuate the wifi router signal. So far so good, connection to all the computers and other bits that rely on a wifi signal are working well. All that is except the Raspberry pl units which will not log on to the Deco system ! the systems work well with tablets and laptops but the pi’s refuse to connect to the other system. I am baffled speed does not seem to be the problem as I have tried changing from 2.5ghz to 5 and back but still no connection from the pi’s
Any thoughts no matter how strange to solve this would be appreciated.
Cornishsunshine aka Dave

Try switching the Pi to a fixed IP. This test would rule out problems with the DHCP.

What is the WIFI access set to, WPA, WPA2 etc? It might have something to do with them not being able to connect.
I added an Asus WIFI Router to my network. It’s in Access Point mode, DHCP is handled by my Bell Supplied WIFI Router. I’ve moved all my Pi’s and Pico’s over to it so the Bell WIFI only has to deal with the Bell TV boxes etc.

Hi All. I decided to start at the begining again and found that I had (peril of a touch typist) hit two keys when I set up the password, not once but twice ! in the same place so the system was looking for something else. So when I typed in the correct password I was getting it wrong each time, then I immediately blamed the system, I now know a huge amount about the TP link !!!
I now have a sign that says " Check PW" on the monitor.
Cornishsunshine

2 Likes

I can relate.
I just got a new keyboard for my main daily user PC. It’s smaller that what I was using which has messed up my key memory a bit. I keep hitting Caps Lock instead of shift, for one thing. I end up with kERRY instead of Kerry etc.