Adding a USB joystick for player 2

Hi,
I have a USB joystick that I want to add to my Picade as a controller for Player 2. If I plug my joystick into the RP3b+ in my Picade and configure it, it just controls player 1 - exactly like the controls on the Picade itself.

I cannot get it (the USB joystick) to control player 2. I’ve read that if I plug in two USB joysticks it will work, but that’s not an option. I’ve also read that the solution would be to install the Joystick-Selector script for RetroPie and make a global configuration this way. If I try this, however, it just shows “Unset” and “USB 1” (can’t remember the exact name of my USB joystick). If I unplug the USB stick it just writes “Unset” as my only option. I haven’t tried messing with this and setting USB 1 as Player 2 and leaving player 1 as Unset - I’m afraid that I’ll ruin my normal setup.

Can anybody help me out here?

I’d really love to have the extra joystick for some arcade games and NES/SNES games.

Ok, I decided to try leaving Player 1 as unset in “Joystick Selection” and selecting the USB joystick as the controller for Player 2. It works… sort of.

The build in controls on the Picade controls Player 1 and the USB joystick controls Player 2… and player 1.

Any ideas on how to disable the usb joystick for Player 1 and only having it control Player 2?

Hi,

The joystick and controls on the Picade should output as keyboard, so does it work if you select keyboard as the controller for P1 and the USB joystick for P2?