USB Joystick controls both Player 1 and Player 2

After consulting:

and

and

I’m still no closer to having a functional extra USB joystick or pad which controls player 2 independently of player 1. My USB joystick controls both players and the Picade joystick works properly on player 1 alone.

Has anyone got this to work reliably? I love the Picade but this is a very disappointing limitation.

thanks very much in advance for any support.

thanks!

Kevin

To resolve this issue, i plugged a controller and let it inside the picade and plugged another for the player 2. Not elegant but that work.

There is a mk_arcade gpio driver available here : https://github.com/recalbox/mk_arcade_joystick_rpi/blob/master/README.md

but i don’t tried because it seem to be limited to 8 buttons and 4 axes for the joystick.

Aside from sticking a second controller in there, did this ever get resolved?? I’m looking to use the player x board to make a usb p2 coupled with a new picade.

No it didn’t. Does the new USB-C Hat make a difference?

I’ve asked support and they have not explicitly said this problem was fixed. They did say it shouldn’t have a problem in general though. I’ve been hesitant to pull the trigger because I’m interested in 2P action.

From the Retropie settings menu select Retroarch. In the Retroarch screen, go down to settings then input. Select Port 1 Binds. Go down to Device Index and use left/right to choose disabled. Do the same with Port 2 Binds, this time selecting your gamepad. Now your gamepad should control player 1 without affecting player 2.

I tried, but no effect. What is your retropie version ? Picade/raspberry version ?